Monday, November 28, 2011

Neal's Yard Remedies

I have a very exciting announcement. I am employed. But I report to no one but myself, and my husband! :)

I've just signed on to represent a company from London, Neal's Yard Remedies. They are a certified ORGANIC skin and beauty care company. And within the next three months they are going to be releasing THE ONLY certified organic make-up line in the United States. I repeat, THE ONLY.

There are many products that "say" they are organic, but because our skin care goes unregulated with the FDA, anyone can say they are organic and have a tub full of petroleum oil along with 1% of something that is actually organic. NYR is one of the few companies that has certification from the Soil Association in Europe...so when they say they are organic...THEY ARE.

Did you know that there are over 500 products/substances that the U.S. allows to go into products we use that are banned completely in Europe? Organic aside, just the thought of FIVE HUNDRED ingredients that go into our products that they won't touch is extremely unsettling.

Our skin is the largest tissue on our body, absorbs EVERYTHING that goes onto it (think birth control patch here people!) yet many of us, myself included, have had a great disconnect about the importance of what goes on our skin being just as important as what goes in our tummies.

NYR has been a reputable "brick and mortar" store in the UK for 30 years. They decided to penetrate the U.S. market however thru direct sales. I have never been interested in direct sales until I heard about this company and the products they produce. The fact that I am now one of the first Florida representatives, at the ground floor as they say, is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Let me know if you want any information on the company, its products, and/or about organic. I'd love to share with you!

If you'd like to check out my shop website for yourself, the link is: www.us.nyrorganic.com/shop/tiffanie

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Very cool, tiff!! I've never heard of this brand, but I only like to use natural make up and products. I will go check out the site....

Congratulations on your new endeavor!! xo