Friday, November 25, 2011

2011 Flag Football Season

"Mom! We are the Bagels this year!!" the boys told me.

"What?! The B.A.G.E.L.S??" I then look at their jerseys, laugh, and tell them they are the Bengal (Tigers)! LOL

This year, as we have in the past, played on the Orange County Parks and Recreation Flag Football team. Once again we bumped Ashton up to the 9-10 year olds so that he could practice and play the same time as Ethan. One less practice, one less game...that's what I'm talking about.

Plus, we all know Ashton can very easily hold his own. :)


They did not have a "winning" season per say. Honestly I can't remember the final number, but I know they probably won half their games and lost half. But what a difference in the entire team from the beginning of the season to the end.


They had a great coach this year, which makes a huge difference. He didn't have a child on our team which really helps his objectivity with rotating kids to various positions and play time. At least that has been our experience.

We'll definitely continue playing flag football for as long as the boys enjoy it. So far it's MY personal favorite sport to watch.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Ross & Sam would love to play flag football with your boys :)