I honestly couldn't imagine it any other way. Even on the hard days, on the days I scratch my head and wish to drive a pencil in my ear (hahaha), at the end of it all, I truly couldn't imagine another way of doing life with my family. Ashton has missed so much being away. We've slacked on things too because he is away.
Finally last night, after going to the Library and filling our bag to the brim, I began read-alouds with the kids again. We've slacked on this since Ashton's been gone. Not wanting to start a large book with Ethan, knowing Ashton is missing out, thinking we would do it in the evenings together. That's hard. It's hard to cram in pick-up times, homework, outside playtime, showers, dinner and still have time for everyone to sit and read together.
BUT ... it's a HUGE priority of mine. Literature is HUGE to me. So, last night we carved the time, and I'm so glad we did. It was only a chapter, it used to be 5-7 chapters at a time, but at least we are getting to it.
Ashton said yesterday that he's looking forward to Spring Break since we'll have all this time to read and listen to great books on tape. YES! me too....
No comments:
Post a Comment