Saturday, September 4, 2010

We're back home!

Since my last post, showing you our First Day of School photos, a lot has changed!

While TRACE is an incredible school. Truly. We QUICKLY realized that being at home, learning together, is where we are supposed to be.

What really got me was the incredible mourning I was feeling right away over not being at home teaching my own kids. I really do enjoy teaching. It's one of the only things I always wanted to do as a young girl... playing school. I wasn't big into dolls or barbies, but would set up my teddy bears as students or if I could find a real person to play school with me that was even better! I even contemplated going into teaching as a college major but was discouraged by family members to pursue that. Funny how I'm doing just that now, just not getting paid!

Homeschool has just become an extension of who we are. It's weaved into the fabric of our lives. The social aspects I was looking forward to at Trace simply can't take president over the other things, the more important things, that homeschooling gives to us.

I'm glad we've gone thru this experience. Everything happens for a reason, right? It's allowed all of us, including Daddy, to see just what a gift homeschooling is to our family. We ALL couldn't be happier with us all coming back home.

We made the decision to leave Trace and I quickly had to scramble to buy curriculum. I finally got all of my textbooks in and I'm pouring over all of them, growing in excitement over all the wonderful stuff we get to learn together this year. I always learn so much too, along side of the kids.

It's going to be a WONDERFUL year!!!

No comments: