Monday, September 21, 2009

School outside...

This morning the boys decided they wanted to do school outside! At first I was hesitant...you mean I have to lug all your books downstairs and then sit on the hard front porch floor??!? But I relented and we decided to get a great big blanket, turn up the fans (as much as I'd LOVE for it to be fall here...it's just NOT!) and get to work.

Right now, as I type this, the boys are taking a small break...they are outside enjoying the fresh air playing Army Heroes or something of that sort. Two of my favorite things (fresh air and imagination). I hate to even break up the party they've got going on, but math, reading and grammer still await them! :) And we're even doing a creative writing project too...

I'm looking forward to cooler weather...I think we'll take advantage of our porch much more often and do school outside quite a bit! There is actually LESS distraction then inside upstairs with toys to yearn for or couches to jump on. HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...it sounds good especially when the weather gets cooler. I'm so so please that you're home schooling. Have fun while I'm stuck in this no window office. Mom

The Wagner Family said...

I love having school outside. But it's usually me distracting the kids with, "Hey, look at that!" or "Let's go see what that is."