It started when the boys decided they wanted to whine and complain to get school underway. Granted, they WERE playing so sweetly together, had like 3 different games going on at the same time, laughing and carrying on....BUT...regardless, when it's time for us to start school, it's time to start, no complaining allowed!
I'm pretty sure Momma woke up on the wrong side of the bed too b/c this little incident already just set me off on a bad mood.
We get upstairs to start our lessons on the couch and Ashton is all over the place, jumping from couch to couch, wiggling while in one place, on his head in another. To top it off as he was coming to sit right beside me b/c I had had enough of the antics, he kicks my coffee (yes I know accidentally...but if he was sitting still in the first place this would NOT have happened) all over the table, our books, my iPhone, everywhere!!!
To say that school went well for the rest of the day would be lying! Let's just say we should have stopped and called it a National holiday after the coffee fiasco. So I decide that french fries will soothe my nerves...off to Wendy's drive thru we go. Yes, I know, a nice jog around the block would be better, but not exactly what I'm wanting to do at this moment.
We get home to our fried goodness in the Wendy's bag only to find out that our puppy, Lucky, has pooped all over his cage and subsequently gotten it all over himself! So much for HOT fries and sandwich, I now have to take care of this mess. I bath him, clean out his cage and finally sit down to eat my cold lunch and what does he do??? He proceeds to poop AGAIN on the living room rug! SERIOUSLY? Okay. Deep breath. Clean up the rug. Back to eating soggy cold french fries. Lucky then manages to barf on the hardwood floors. GRRR...at this point I'm ready to sell the dog, actually, NO...I'll pay someone to take the dog off my hands! Clean up said barf.
Dogs play around a bit, and I've decided that I can't stand the noise of the dogs at this point and they go back into their crates while I get some things done around the house. About an hour or so later I go to get the dogs out, only to find that Lucky has now PEED in the crate and is all over him. OH MY WORD...why is this happening to me today???? Back to the bath, back to the cleaning products and cleaning both the dog and the crate.
Fast forward a bit later and I am taking Lucky outside and he has got his nose all in something off to the side a bit away from me. I finally go over there b/c he is NOT listening to my commands to come only to find that he has his face all in a big ol' pile of poop and is just having himself a gourmet meal of it!!!! All over his face. Insert scream and death march music of dog.
I take him inside and seriously I'm tired of giving him a bath, so he gets a mouth bath instead. Not a happy dog at this point. Do I care? That would be a NO!
Get dog cleaned up, back in cage and I go to do more laundry. As I'm down on the floor I don't realize that the laundry shoot door is open and as I rise up I banged my head on the sharp corner of the door right on my skull. It hurt.
At this point I am sobbing, not necessarily all over the pain of my head, but from the pain of this day. I mean I am just a boo-hoo-ing. What a day. Can I really just get a do-over????
5 comments:
Gee honey, look at it this way....you have several bad days in one day...so this means cleaning sailing for at least the rest of the week. Mom
Oh sweetie! I feel your pain. Some days are just like that! This week, I think it was Tuesday I had a similar day (-) the doggie stuff. At one point I dropped a math board we use on my foot. I cried for at least 20 minutes while trying to teach Emma about fractions. Needless to say, I could have cried for at least the rest of the day. You know, I think we have these days so we appreciate it more when things go smoothly. Hang in there! You are doing the hard work and God sees you. He is working it all out for your good and His glory!
I am soooo sorry. It sounds like a really tough day. But look on the bright side... it's OVER!! I'll be praying for you. Hang in there.
Oh girl! After hearing the readers digest of this through text messages it was a little more amusing to read the play by play. Only amusing because I've totally had too many days like that to count. We all have! Glad today went much better!!
Well thanks for confirming that I really don't want a dog!! I hope today is better!
Post a Comment