It's 8:30 and yes, we need to have school started by now, but the boys have been busy building a new lego's car and boat set from one of Ashton's birthday presents. Ashton is now using his imagination with these toys and Ethan is curled up on the couch reading one of his library books I keep close at hand. We've had our breakfast, there is no T.V. blaring in the background, not even mention of wanting to even have it on. There is no rushing out the door, questions about if shoes are tied? beds are made? lunchbox in hand? teeth brushed? It's just calmness, peaceful.
We get to go upstairs soon and start our school day. The legos can be left out, b/c I'm sure they will want to resume their play when they get a break or our school day is over.
No matter how busy our days get, the one constant that I'm so grateful for, is our peaceful, homey mornings. No rushing, no craziness...lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses. A breakfast we can meander thru and not shove down our throats. Time for the boys to be kids and for mommy to sit back and enjoy watching it all unfold.
I am blessed.
2 comments:
One of those secret treasures about home school life that you find after you have been doing it awhile!
Yes you are and so am I. Mom
Post a Comment