Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Such a cry baby...

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a girl, because I'm sensitive? or because I'm just me...but this curriculum we are doing constantly has me in tears!

Somehow during our history lesson, or a dramatic play we are doing (remember, it's all centered around the Lord and his plan thru-out time) I am constantly brought to tears about His love for us, His grace or perhaps what His view from heaven must be like as He looks down on His people...

For example... right now we are studying the voyage of the Pinta, Nina and Santa Maria from Spain to Florida. Our History story features a family and the struggles they face crossing the oceans to get to the new world. About their hope and faith. As the story closed yesterday we saw how at the end of each night nothing was heard across the ocean except songs of worship coming from all three boats, 1000 people strong! I couldn't even get the words out as I thought about how beautiful that must have sounded.

Here are these people, who leave all that they know behind, who face treacherous waters and face even death...yet their faith and reliance on God is so powerful!

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, For you alone O' Lord, make me dwell in safety!" Psalms 4:8

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Oh girl, now you've got me excited for the lesson. We are doing your yesterday..today ;)