Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Very queer...

Tonight, while at church, Ashton's shoe lace broke. 

In which he exclaimed to his teacher..."that is so queer!  My shoelace broke!"

His teacher quickly told him that he should rather use the word weird, instead of queer.

When I went to pick Ashton up she was quick to tell me the story.  It quickly dawned on me where he got such verbage...we have been reading the Narnia series books, currently The Magician's Nephew (Not read originally in the correct order) and the author uses the word throughout the entire novel.

I thought it so funny that he would chose this word.  We've never even discussed it, or never did he ask me what it meant.  However, he used it in the correct sense to her.  Just the wrong decade.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That is awesome. I love that a 6 year old said that! You rock Tiff! Great job on reading real books and influencing your children!

:)stacey

p.s. Can't wait till FPEA!

The Wagner Family said...

I didn't know it was a word we shouldn't use. Tell him to be a salmon and use his 20th century verbage.

really.truly said...

That's a complicated word :) My first thought is that he should keep using it, but I realize how it could pose a problem. I love how innocent our children are!