Monday, February 11, 2008

One day at a time...

We are nearing the end of the building process. It has been an incredible experience. But I'm DONE. Put a fork in me...I'm cooked! :) for any of you that suggested I do this for a living once this house is built...to that I say thanks for the vote of confidence in my ability, but NO THANK YOU. :) I quite enjoy being a stay at home mommy and really look forward to getting that job title back front and center on my resume!

We are getting our final electrical and low voltage inspection this week, probably A/C too. Plumbing is just waiting for my granite to get in on the kitchen and then they'll be able to wrap things up. Right now we are focusing on getting the land graded and landscaped soon so that we no longer track in an unGodly amount of dirt into the house. Once we get that then I'll feel more comfortable laying the hard woods and carpet!

But we are definitely getting close...YEAH! I'm soooo excited! Can't wait to give you all the tour. I appreciate all your prayers, encouraging words and support you've given me along the way. you all are the best!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to the voice that knows you so well....having projects in your life is essential...undoubtedly a rest is necessary but those creative juices will begin to flow again and another large project will immerge. It's in your "jeans". And might I brag for just a minute...what a fantastic job you've done and especially in the multi-tasking arean. Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

Whoops....multi-tasking arena. sorry. Mom

Anonymous said...

wow, can't believe it's almost moving day!!! the pictures are incredible, and I can't wait to see the end product!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fabulous fabulous. I am in awe and green with envy. I love every choice you made. Well done! Ceri

Ruby said...

Hi Tiffanie!
Have seen you on Hayleys blog and just wanted to say your house looks absolutely beautiful. We are going through the same process right now. We started in May last year was supposed to be back at home in September but it is Feb and we are still living with my Mother in Law. We are down to the finishing touches.
I am also with Tony. I just wanted to drop in say hi!. PS you have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Job WELL done, Tiffanie! I can understand the elation of having done SO much and so well, but not wanting to make a career out of it!

For years to come, you guys can take pride in knowing that YOU did it...not some robotic house "cutting" company!

Kristine said...

Congratulations on your house nearing completion. I can't imagine all the decisions for all the details you've had to do. I practically went crazy remodeling our master bathroom. That was just one room. I can't imagine a whole house. Everything looks so beautiful already. I can't wait to see the final tour.