It's been awhile since I've posted about the house, so I thought I would post an update. All of my trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, roofing, low voltage and gas) have been busy bees at the house getting their parts done. We've gotten partial inspections on everything but the electrical and they all passed their partials. Today the gas, roofing and air are getting their final rough in inspections and I expect them to pass just fine. Monday the plumbing is getting their final rough in inspection, Tuesday the electrical is being inspected and I'm hoping low voltage will be able to get inspected by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.
The stucco guy has been at the house all week preparing the metal lath whereever wood is exposed, putting corner bead on each corner, etc...it is alot of work! I have to get my other inspections done first before he can start b/c we are stuccoing the back porch ceiling and we can't do that until the inspectors can assess the wiring out there first.
Yesterday I finally placed the order for our cabinets thoroughout the house. Woozers, that was a difficult decision. It's so permanent, but I think in the end we are going to be very happy with our selection. They should be in in about six weeks...which should be plenty of time to get the framing inspected, insulation blown in, drywall up, trim work done, painting interior, and hopefully the hardwoods installed.
I found the most beautiful travertine paver for the pool deck in the back. It is going to look like a big patchwork quilt on the floor. Accented with the old brick fireplace, I think it's going to look smashing!
The lighting guy came out yesterday and we walked the house making notes for all the different types of lights we need. Now I just need to decide what style of lights that I want and where....AHHHHH more decision! :)
Finally, the pool got started on Wednesday. The guys came out and staked everything and I believe they are supposed to come back today to start digging! woo hoo
Things are really moving. It has been SUCH a learning experience. I really am so glad that we decided to build this house our self. I think we take more more pride and care into the decisions we make over even the smallest detail that a builder would probably over look. I have had great subcontractors to work with and THAT makes all the difference. Another thing that has been fantastic is all the inspectors. They have been so helpful and kind and really have gone out of their way to educate me on the various aspects of their inspection detail. I'm so grateful that we have men like them that want to make sure my house is safe and sound for my precious family! :)
Well, that's it for now. I'll post some updated pictures soon. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment