Monday, July 20, 2009

Homeschool Retreat Weekend

Rachel, Edie, Pam, Jenny, Tina, Myself & Cricket
This past weekend several of my homeschooling friends loaded up and headed over to my father's beach house for our 2nd annual planning weekend. Last year there was only 4 of us that went, this year that sized doubled, and if we had the space...it probably would have been triple the amount. I love the fact that I am surrounded by so many Godly women that are homeschooling their children and are walking along side of me during our journey.

We arrived at the beach house around 8:30 Friday night and spent the next several hours chatting and laughing until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer. Saturday morning we woke up and got cracking on the books. Many of us worked on our schedules, since we are schooling multiple children with multiple grades. I spent a large amount of time simply reviewing all that we have on our plate for this coming year, familiarizing myself with each textbook/workbook so that come August 3rd I'll be able to hit the ground running.

We also spent a lot of time playing card games. That was definitely a lot of fun!

Here Jenny, Cricket & Pam are getting ready for dinner out on the town!
We actually never even made it down to the beach this trip, which is absolutely okay since the reason we were there wasn't sand and surf, but fellowship, renewal and preparation!

Now I'm all set and ready to conquer this year!

Thank you Lord for blessing me with wonderful friends!

Tina and Edie

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

What fun!! I know you all had a great weekend :) One of these years, I am going to make it Tiffanie ;)

The Wagner Family said...

Thanks for a fun weekend!

Stef Layton said...

looks like loads of fun, maybe next year I'll get an invite! ;p

Mario Gully said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks Tiffanie it was a blast!!