Thursday, July 19, 2007

Love-Hate relationship


Right now the two front trees in our yard are a thorn in my side. I love them, they are beautiful, they are the reason we love this property so much, but they are also causing us LOTS of frustration. First it was designing the house around them, then getting the drainage plan correct so that we didn't kill them with too much dirt and NOW that we've done all that Preston and I walked the property tonight and it looks like someone along the way made a major mistake and the house only sits like 5 ft. from the back of the tree. That in itself doesn't seem like a big deal...well it is!

We are at a minimum 33' high and the way it sits now we'd be hacking off the majority of the branches, taking away it's beauty and all of our hard work trying to preserve these trees is all in vain!

AHHHHH...just want to scream. I know, I know, again, this is just yet another hurdle we have to overcome...but my goodness...we haven't even dug one shovel into the ground yet and we are jumping hurdles like a hare in a race!

Tomorrow's a new day and hopefully I'll come up with some brilliant idea, right now I'm just pooped!

No comments: