Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Are you ready to rumble??

Last night the boys started wrestling practice at the Highland Wrestling Club affiliated with Lake Highland Prep.  I was a bit nervous going in to it...how would they do?  Would they like it?  Would it be too hard?

The wrestle room is a fairly small, HOT, stinky warehouse type gym with wall to wall mats and some lockers.  The first thing I noticed upon entering was how friendly and welcoming all the kids were to our boys.  They immediately, without even asking, offered to find the boys' shoe sizes so they could wear wrestling shoes on the mat (ours won't be in until the end of the week).

The second thing I noticed....the boys are going to be in ULTIMATE shape if they keep this up.  Nevermind the fact that it is an un-airconditioned gym...that alone will make you drop a few pounds, but they WORK those boys out.  WOW!  Way super impressed.  My boys were beet red and dripping sweat. Love it!

They worked on conditioning, technical moves training, one one one partnering... it was awesome.  They did really well too, I thought, for their first day.

Afterwards I wasn't sure what they would think of it...would they want to come back for more?  It's 1 1/2 hours of hardwork.  But they BOTH excitedly said they LOVED it and couldn't wait till the next practice.  The gym is open for their age on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and they can come to one or ALL the practices.

No comments: