Monday, May 2, 2011

Makeover

We've had our patio furniture since we first got married, almost 13 years. To say they were in need of a makeover is an understatement!! Since we spend ALOT of our time out on the back patio of our home now, I definitely wanted to give them a quick sprucing up!!

I re-painted the aluminum frame of the table and chairs a dark brown to better match the chair and couch set we also have out there. Then I got to work on reupholstering the cushions. I was going to purchase brand new ones, but when I started to price them out...WOOZERS!!! It would have cost a small fortune to buy them. The cushions themselves where still in decent shape, so I just took my handy dandy coupons down to JoAnn's and purchased some fabric on my own and got to work...

Here is the before on the dining chairs:



and the after...

The before:
and after:
The before:
The after:

Now we all thoroughly enjoy sitting out on our patio, whether it be for a morning cup of joe or a meal together.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Great job, Tiff. I LOVE the fabric combo that you chose!