Last week, a friend of mine from highschool that I haven't SEEN in over 18 years IM'd me thru facebook and asked if he could ask me a religious question. Absolutely!
Over the course of the next 20 minutes we spend conversing back and forth about salvation, hope and faith. It was awesome! I was also IMing with another friend and I immediately asked her to pray for us. I've never really ever had the opportunity to witness to an unbeliever before and wanted to say just what HE needed to hear. One of the scriptures I left him with was 2 Timothy 1:7 "I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
Little did I know but that was EXACTLY what he needed to hear. He grew up in a church that preached the Good News, but with a doomly twist. It was highly based on works and on how easy it was to lose your salvation. He grew up in a state of fear, knowing this God that could easily turn on a dime and have conditional love. Oh how my heart aches knowing people hold that as truth!
We had a great conversation and a door was definitely opened.
Fast forward to TODAY and the boys and I were in Publix and who do we run into???? This same highschool friend! Mine you...I haven't seen him in over 18 years and we just coincidentally all of a sudden meet up like this? I don't think so!!!
We both were a bit flubbered, said a few things, chatted with my boys and then continued on with our shopping trip.
A bit later I was on facebook, he was on there, and IM'd me saying how he was speechless over meeting me so soon after our conversation. I told him that it wasn't coincidence. He said that he agreed and thought the same thing on his way home from the store.
How cool is THAT?!?!
We chatted a bit more about scripture and Jesus and asked if him and his wife would like to come over for a cook out one evening. He was grateful for the opportunity and said that he'd love for me to talk with his wife more about it too! He knows so little, and what he does know, he said makes Christianity seem so mean, unloving. He thought his wife could gain a whole new perspective from our conversation as well.
I know that my friend may be thinking that he is gaining a lot from our conversations, but I too am gaining a whole bunch. Nothing in the world is cooler than the thought of leading someone to an eternal salvation. The thought that I might have a bit role in this is so super cool! The door is open and he is so ready to come thru the door!
I'm excited about the possibility and the new friends Preston and I will hopefully have in Christ with him and his wife!
I'll let you know how it unfolds!
Just goes to show you...you never know where you can be used for HIS glory! Even on facebook! :)
5 comments:
Pretty cool!!
Awesome Tiff!
That's really cool! Can't wait to hear what happens next!
So AWESOME!!! I will be praying for the next encounter with him, that you will be completely led by the Spirit to say exactly what he needs to hear to bring him into the family!!! Good Stuff!!!
Post a Comment