Friday, August 24, 2007

Pipes, Plumbing, Electrical...OH MY!!!

It's been a very un-eventful but stressful week for me this week. We FINALLY have our pipes laid from both my plumber and electrician. The electrician had his inspection today and passed just fine. The plumber basically dragged his feet on Monday and Tuesday doing NUTTIN and we had to pay extra for a Saturday inspection. Fingers and toes crossed that he passes tomorrow because my concrete guy is planning on being on the property bright and early Monday morning to prep the site to pour the slab by mid week! Walls are scheduled to go up by the end of the week!!! My concrete/mason guy is leaving for a 2 week vacation starting Labor Day week and he wants to get this rockin and rolling before he leaves to avoid any issues that may arise due to oversite, etc... So I had to get him all the rough opening sizes for the windows, doors, etc. pronto...I was NOT prepared for that. After meeting with my window guy, it became clear to me that I needed to change the type of windows I was planning on using. That meant a whole new set of rough openings and decisions I had to make FAST! It's amazing all the decisions you have to make on the front end in order to have the right finished product on the back end. Dear Lord, I hope I've made the right decisions!!!

I ordered my trusses and they are scheduled to be delivered on September 11th...so if all goes as planned we should have a shell of a house by the end of September...yeah!!!



No comments: